Wednesday, March 7, 2007

Spring Photo Clip

Today's project is extra special because you can come in to our store and make it for FREE! this Saturday 1-3pm. I just finished the sample today and I thought I should share the idea because it turned out really cute! We have these giant wood clothespins that are really inexpensive from Sbars, they measure about 1.5" X 6".
1. I started by cutting two strips from a small sheet of scrapbooking paper (You might even be able to put to use some of those old scraps you have been holding on to!) Cut them 1 3/8 x 5 7/8. I used paper from the 8x8 Pocket Full of Posies paper pack by DCWV. We decided to use this paper because we just got in cardstock flower embellishments that match!! (You might fall in love)
2. Before putting my strips of paper on I distressed the sides of my clothespin with Versamark inks to match my paper.
3.After your ink has dried you can attach your strips with a strong adhesive. Remember you are attaching it to wood so it will need to be strong. We used super-strength glue lines.
4. Now you get to dress it up with fun embellishments. We decorated the front with a cardstock flower from the new packs we got that match the Pocket full of Posies paper. Then we added a rhinestone to accent the glitter from the paper.
5. Just add your favorite pic and you are set! The clips stand up nicely by themselves or you can add a magnet to the back and use it for your fridge.
Don't forget to stop in Saturday from 1-3pm so you can make it for FREE!
Back tomorrow for more!
Tiff

No comments:

Post a Comment