Friday, March 30, 2007

Spring Photo Board

Earlier I showed you a french inspired bulletin board but I said that there were so many other possibilities that I wanted to show you. I decided that this photo board was too cute to pass by! We started with a 16x20 canvas and covered it with batting and fabric using a staple gun on the back side of the canvas. For this board we used Michael Miller fabric. Then we created our grid pattern with a mixture of scrapbooking ribbon from American Crafts and basic craft ribbon. To secure the ribbon we also used a staple gun on the back frame of the canvas. Don't be afraid to layer patterns that coordinate with one another not just coordinating solid ribbon. To give added support to the ribbon as well as decoration we used Making Memories brads which were poked through the fabric, batting and canvas. You may need to use an X-acto knife to poke through all of the fibers together. We will be displaying the photo board shortly but make sure to ask our employees if you have any questions on how to put it together! Just to give you a heads up, some of my fellow employees will be joining us to blog about what is going on in their departments and what they are excited about. That way you don't have to hear from me all the time! I hope that you have a great weekend and I will be back Monday with some exciting news!! Tiff