Tuesday, March 27, 2007

Handmade Embellishments

We are getting down to the last week of National Craft Month, how sad! Well I will still be here to give you more project ideas so don't fear. This weekend I had a bridal shower to go to, I figured since I work at Crafts Direct I better represent! I decided to attempt my first handmade card, now keep in mind that I am not a big scrapbooker so this was a challenge for me. It ended up being the easiest thing I have done and now I am addicted. So I decided what better time to share with you some ideas for your Easter cards that you might be sending out this year. I started with a sheet of 12x12 double sided cardstock from our new line Tres Jolie by My Minds Eye. I cut it down to the size I desired (8.5 X 5.5) and folded it in half. Next I took my ribbon and cut it to fit my card. To finish off the ends of the ribbon I cut them at opposite diagonal lines to one another, then attached it to my card using double sided tape. The last part is the most fun and the title of my project today! I can never find exactly the right embellishment or phrase that I want especially for holidays. I found a great way to get what you want is to just do it yourself! My "Happy Easter" crest was created using parenthesis brackets with a regular font and rotating and stretching until they formed my crest. Then I was able to type the phrase that I wanted with my favorite font. A great place to find free fonts to download is www.dafont.com, this one is called Porcelain. Make sure that when you are printing you use a heavier weight paper such as cardstock so that your embellishment is not flimsy. To add dimension to my card I used 3D dots to adhere the phrase. It is a really simple idea and easy to do, hopefully you like it as much as me! Tiff

No comments:

Post a Comment