Monday, December 7, 2009
25 Days of Christmas: Day 7
Day 7: Families are Forever... - This shadowbox frame was made using "Making a Snowman" paper from Reminisce, along with fake snow, Jesse James buttons and a vinyl saying. This was so fun and easy to make. Remember you can pick up all the supplies for this project at Crafts Direct.
• 12x12 MCS shadowbox frame -white
• vinyl saying “Families Are Forever…”
by Vinyl Words
• Making A Snowman 12x12 paper
• 8.5x11 Bazzill cardstock:
-Starmist – cut to 5.75”x4.25”
-Bazzill Red – cut to 6”x4.5”
• Double Sided Adhesive
• Gift of Love (Heart Buttons)
by Jesse James
• Chunky Snowflakes by Jesse James
• Glue Dots • Foam Dots • One 4x6 photo • Fake Snow
1. Cut the photo down to 5.5”x4”.
2. Using double sided adhesive adhere photo to Starmist leaving a border
around all sides. Then using foam dots adhere Starmist on Bazzill Red
leaving a border on all sides.
3. Using double sided adhesive adhere matted photo about ½” to ¾” from right
edge of snowman paper centering it.
4. Apply 6 -7 chunky snowflakes to the snowman paper randomly, with Glue Dots.
5. Remove backing from shadowbox and pour in some fake snow toward bottom.
About an inch or two.
6. Place snowman paper in shadowbox face down and insert backing.
7. Cut the vinyl apart in between “Are Forever” and “Because Love”. Then cut
apart in between “Because Love” and “Never Melts”.
8. Following directions on package apply “Families Are Forever” vinyl piece onto
the glass of the shadowbox centered above matted photo.
9. Then apply the “ve” of “Love” on glass, below matted photo, 3/8” from frame
edge. Then apply a heart with Glue Dots in place of the “o” on the glass. Then
apply “Because L” to the left of the heart.
10.Then apply “Never Melts” vinyl piece one inch from bottom and 5/8” from right
side of frame edge.