Day 4: Coaster Sets - Everybody could use a coaster set and when they are this cute who wouldn't want one. Crafts Direct carries all the supplies you would need to make these and the 5pc. coaster set is on special right for only $3.00.
Here is a listing of the basic supplies used for all of them:
- 5 pc. coaster set
- acrylic paint
- asst. printed paper
- paper punches
- Ultra Seal
- felt or cork for back of coaster
- Envirotex (optional)
- Trace a coaster on 4 different papers and on felt, if using felt on back of coaster. Cut out.
- Paint the entire box inside and out. Also paint the coasters, both sides and edges. Let dry.
- Using Ultra Seal as glue adhere all papers to one side of the coaster let dry.
- Punch out desired shapes, apply embellishments or rub-ons onto the punched shapes and use Ultra seal to adhere to each coaster (best if applied toward the corners so glasses sit flat on coasters).
- Apply stickers to coasters if desired and any other embellishments.
- Seal all coasters using Ultra seal.
- Apply self adhesive cork dots to the back of coaster or attach felt squares using Ultra Seal.
- Decorate outside of box as desired.