Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Dog Days of Summer: Stepping Stones

Today I wanted to share with you one of my all time favorite summer projects! I have to admit before I made them I was a bit intimidated by the thought of making stepping stones, but once I realized just how easy it was I started making them all the time. They are fun to work on by yourself, but for some of them I have also incorporated help from my kids by having them imprint their hand prints and decorate the stone and then I add their name and year. We have them in our yard and have also given them as gifts to all the grandparents for various occasions.

Additional samples and all the project supplies you need can be found in aisle 18 (also right now we have supplies & samples displayed on the endcap between aisles 19&20).


--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
GIVEAWAY DETAILS: Our Dog Days of Summer series is going to run July 18th through July 29th. At the end of the series we will be randomly drawing a winner from the comments on the posts to win a $20 Crafts Direct gift card (to pick up supplies for their own Dog Days of Summer project!). You can comment on each blog post during the two weeks for extra chances to win too! The winner of the gift card will be announced on Monday August 1st.

7 comments:

  1. Lovely! glad to know they aren't as complicated as they look!

    Anne

    ReplyDelete
  2. My family and I made these a few years back and created a path through our flower garden!! One of my favorite projects!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've wanted to try making these for years now, just have to actually do it. They look so cool when they're done!

    ReplyDelete
  4. My kids have made these as memorials to beloved pets.

    ReplyDelete
  5. We did this project a couple of times with my family. Everybody got into it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. i've made a bunch of stepping stones. i did each of my kids foot prints the summer they turned 3. its fun to look at how little they were then and how big they are getting now!

    ludwigj1125 at yahoo dot com

    ReplyDelete