Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Mother's Day Ideas.

Mother's Day is right around the corner, so today I wanted to share some Mother's/Grandmother projects we have created recently.

A few are very specifically geared toward Mother's Day, while others are just new projects that I think any mom or grandma would love to receive as well!

First up is this Mother's Day decorated cone. Last week I shared the teacher themed cone that Katie decorated - which I loved - but this one is just as adorable. Again, I think these cones would be perfect to fill up with treats, a small gift or even a gift card (maybe to her favorite craft store ;). A project sheet for the cones can be found HERE.

Another fun gift idea is a shadow box to display a favorite photo. We have 8x8" or 12x12" sized shadow boxes in white or black, lots of different vinyl options to add to the front, and the possibilities on what you can do with the various paper and embellishment options we have available are endless!

A super easy project would also be this i *heart* you float frame (you can find a project sheet for this project HERE) :


Here is another float frame, that has been decorated with a vinyl saying, pattern paper, and a photo.
This jar vase is also a very easy project - all we did for this project was paint a large Ball jar, and then helped a child make a hand print on the front and added the ribbon. You could use this as a vase for a bouquet of flowers or to fill up with a special treat.

This project also used one of the 8x8 shadow boxes: for this project I used paper from the Echo Park This and That line. I just hand cut the tree and the hearts from the pattern paper and adhered some of them with pop-dots for added dimension.

And finally I thought I would share this wood box project that I recently completed - with just some paint, photos, paper and embellishments I turned a plain wood box into a way to display a lot of photos. 

No comments:

Post a Comment