Monday, January 29, 2007

Stupid Sock Creatures!


Okay so I'm in love! Move over sock monkeys, stupid sock creatures are creeping their way into our hearts. People are selling these cute little guys online for $28-$40 a piece for a sock! I was shocked. It seemed like something we could just make ourselves so I found a kit, we just got it in the store last Friday. I took the kit home and got started. Now keep in mind I am by no means an expert sewer, as long as it will stay together then it is good enough for me. The kit has everything you need to make 1 or 2 creatures (2 pairs of socks, buttons, ribbon and stuffing). The book takes you step by step through making 8 different creatures to get you used to all the different methods so you can experiment on your own and get creative. I am not really a stuffed animal person so I figured I would just make the cute little guy for the store but the longer I worked on him the more I got attached! He has his own little personality and actually looked great just sitting in our house. I might need to make one for myself now! I thought I should share a pic with you of little Pierre hanging out in the office with us before he makes his way out onto the floor. Next time you are in the store make sure to say hi to him, he might get lonely out there by himself!
Tiff

1 comment:

  1. I love it and I want to make one! Where can I get a kit? Err, other than Crafts Direct that is- in case I happen to currently be living in Iowa.

    Also, very nice blog. It inspires me to be crafty. :)

    ReplyDelete