Monday, January 15, 2007

Organize your ideas

A new year, a fresh start to get all those projects checked off your list. But the first step is to get a list. I've tried many ways to organize my supplies but never took much time organizing my ideas. When I finally realized I should probably work on that, I went out and bought a daily planner. At first it worked great, I was able to organize my gifts I had to be working on for upcoming events, journal in any information for a day I knew I would be Scrapbooking, but I still needed more room. I decided to make a personalized planner for all my projects. Using a blank spiral book I divided it out into my crafts: Scrapbooking, Cards, Gifts, Home Decor and a calendar. I use my project planner all the time. I have found that it is so convenient to have all my craft ideas in one spot. It gives me everything that I liked about the daily planner and more. I am able to have samples of materials that I am working with so when I am matching fabric I know just what to get. I am also able to sketch layouts that I plan on doing in my Scrapbook. With the New Year many people have the resolution to get more organized. I recommend finding a way not only to organize your supplies but your ideas as well. It really worked for me!
Kimberlie

3 comments:

  1. This is my first time on here but I think it is great. Super idea you had about organizing your crafts. I do need help as I do so much sewing and card making. Thanks for your input.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry should have put my name on the comment I wrote about organizing. Hope this works.

    ReplyDelete