Monday, January 25, 2010

CHA Finds!

After the second day of the show we have found some new products and a new vendor that we really like. The new vendor that Jason and I are excited about is Epiphany Crafts. They are still working on their website, but we loved the concept of their product. We thought it would be great to use their products to embellish tacks, magnets, and bottle caps, to use with the calendars that we love making, along with magnetic memo boards and cork boards. Their booth was so adorable I wished I would have taken a picture of it.

I talked about Extreme Glitter in this post from CHA Summer. I have to say that it is even more exciting now that Plaid is coming out with 2oz. bottles, and 4 new colors. Doodlebug, well, what's not to love. I am a big fan of their Summertime line. They created this adorable shadowbox using products from the line.











So this photo to the left is something that has inspired me. I must try it out when I get home. Making Memories Slice machine has been out for some time now, but we have never tried to cut fabric with it. Well at the show that is exactly what they were doing, creating appliques. They applied a fusible webbing to the back of fabric and cut out various shapes and applied them to tea towels, onesies, baby hats blankets, and more. I am very excited to create some fun appliqued projects. They are coming out with some other products that will make the slice even easier to use.

There is more to share but it has been a long busy day and it's getting late. I will share more new products and great ideas that we have found with you tomorrow, so stay tuned...

1 comment:

  1. great stuff Kristine. I LOVE the idea of appliques with the slice...need to give that a try myself!!! very cool.

    ReplyDelete